Who is it for?
For adults with:
• Learning disability
• Physical disability
What is the cost?
Per an hourly session, it is from £19-£145. There is an additional small charge for meals and refreshment, which is not normally covered by the individual budget. The above cost is normally covered by client’s individual budget.
How to access the service: Just get in touch. There is a charge per session, though this can be met from a person personal budget, if they have one.
Attending the day care centre can benefit clients through:
• Entertainment and educational activities
• A safe, secure environment to spend the day
• Developing their level of independence
• Socialisation and peer support
Community Believe gives adults with learning, physical disabilities and autism the opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and take part in meaningful activities which are outcome focussed.
We create stimulating and engaging activities for people with range of different needs and abilities. Activities include:
Art & Craft
And lots more….
All of our day services offer:
A safe and supportive place where people are encouraged and supported to get involved in activities which suit their needs and meet their agreed outcomes as identified in their support plan.
Person centred care
Community Believe promotes a person-centred approach to caring for adults, providing an environment that will encourage and entertain our clients. Our centre facilitates different activities including beauty sessions, painting, jewellery making, classic movie shows, gardening, dance sessions and board games amongst lots of other activities.
What Person centred care means to us:
• Empowerment – our clients are empowered to make decisions that affect their lives and we ensure this by informing them about any decisions that need to be made, we also encourage family to include them in decision making.
• Challenges – we are a learning organisation, we aim for continuous improvement and listen to ideas and suggestions for development and improvement. We challenge existing perceptions of learning disability and the limitations placed on those with learning disabilities by society.
• Transformation – we seek to make a difference to people’s lives; for clients and their families, this means radically improving their life experience for the better – for our staff it means investing in each individual to maximise their potential and achieve the very best they can.
• Being brave – we aim to encourage innovation, creativity and flexibility and are prepared to take risks in responding to opportunities that achieve our vision and mission.
• Promoting positive views – we influence others and draw on proven best practice to inform ways in which we support people with learning disabilities and their families.
Quality assurance at Community Believe:
• We listen to the views and experiences of people who use our services
• We do weekly meetings to discuss our strength and weaknesses and finding ways to improve those weaknesses.
• Regular training sessions for all staff.
• We receive feedback from the people who use our services and implement robust systems to monitor our standards.
Our promise to you:
Our biggest driving factor is the desire to improve the lives of the people we support. Our person-centred approach puts the individual at the centre of all our activity; whether that involves providing day to day support or advocating for individual on matters that directly affect them. We are devoted to offering choices, independency, dignity, respect and promoting the rights of people with learning disabilities.
Our staffs genuinely care about every individual. Every individualis made to feel welcome, cared for and included in every aspect of the day. With a person-centred approach, our clients are able to decide for themselves which activities they would like to partake in (if any) and are made to feel like they can go about their day.
• We offer a caring & friendly environment with professional care in a relaxed manner
• We promote independent living
• We offer transport to & from home
• We do trips out including taking our clients to do their shopping
The staffs are trained to a high standard;our team is qualified and well trained. All staff has NVQ qualification, LDAF level 2, 3. We have ongoing training and regular supervision provided to or staff.
• Range of qualification
• LDAF level 2 and 3
• Level 3, 4 & 5 in Health and Social Care
• NVQ Level 2 & 3
• Additional training
Community Believe values the unique contribution of each member of staff and develops their full potential through a commitment to training and education. This is displayed through the high quality of service delivery. The team works very closely with Social Workers, GPs, and more.
The care provided at both of our centre is of the very highest standards and is carried out by staffs that are highly experienced, motivated and qualified in caring for people. Ours is, we believe, a new approach to community care, where emphasis is placed on what the individual client wishes to do and how they want to use the activities and facilities that are provided throughout the day.
We work in partnership with people with learning disabilities and family carers, recognising that they are the real experts and that their stories and life experiences should be central to developing and sharing good practice.
• We will make sure that people with learning disabilities are kept safe from abuse and neglect and are able to be independent and make choices
• We believe that communication is a basic right and will work in ways that ensure that individuals’ means of communication are supported and valued
• We are committed to developing the values, knowledge, skills and competencies of all those who support people with a learning disability
• As an organisation, we will be person centred and value our staff so that they can value the people we serve
• We are open to changing the way we work if this means that more people with learning disabilities can have better lives through what we do
“Hope begins at Community Believe”